- 8th International Friction Stir Welding Symposium Proceedings, various authors.
- The Generosity of the Dead, by Graciela Nowenstein.
- Winner: Managing a Dental Practice: The Genghis Khan Way, by Michael R Young.
- Myth of the Social Volcano, by Martin King Whyte.
- What Color is Your Dog?, by Joel Silverman.
- The Changing World of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, by Ellen Scheri, Maria Dubinsky.
- Collectible Spoons of the Third Reich, by James Yannes.
- Winner: Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes, by Daina Talmina.
- Governing Lethal Behavior in Autonomous Robots, by Ronald Arkin.
- What Kind of Bean is this Chihuaha?, by Tara Jansen-Meyer.
- Afterthoughts of a Worm Hunter, by David Crompton.
- All Dogs have ADHD, by Kathy Hoopman.
- Baboon Metaphysics, by Dorothy Cheney.
- Christian Texts for Aztecs, by Jaime Lara.
- Curbside Consultation of the Colon, by Brooks Cash.
- A God or a Bench, by Anne Betty Weinshenker.
- Insects Are Just Like You and Me Except Some of Them Have Wings, by Kuzhali Manickavel.
- Living with Dormice, by Sue Eden.
- Malformed Frogs, by Michael Lannoo.
- Sketches of Hull Authors, by Reginald Walter Corlass.
- Strip and Knit with Style, by Mark Hordyszynski.
- Techniques for Corrosion Monitoring, by Lietai Yang.
- Winner: The 2009-2014 World Outlook for 60-milligram Containers of Frommage Frais, by Philip Parker.
- The Emotional Life of Contemporary Public Memorials, by Erika Doss.
- The Large Sieve and its Applications, by Emmanuel Kowalksi.
- The Price of Everything, by Russell Roberts.
- Toilets that Make Compost, by Peter Morgan.
- Are Women Human? and Other International Dialogues, by Catherine MacKinnon.
- Cheese Problems Solved, edited by PLH McSweeney.
- How to Write a How to Write Book, by Brian Paddock.
- I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love Queen, by Jasper McCutcheon.
- People Who Mattered in Southend and Beyond: From King Canute to Doctor Feelgood, by Dee Gordon.
- Better Never to Have Been: the Harm of Coming into Existence, by David Benatar.
- D Di Mascio’s Delicious Ice Cream: D Di Mascio of Coventry – an Ice Cream company of Repute, with an Interesting and Varied Fleet of Ice Cream Vans, by Roger De Boer, Harvey Pitcher, Alan Wilkinson.
- How Green Were the Nazis? - Nature, Environment and Nation in the Third Reich, edited by Franz-Josef Brueggemeier, Mark Cioc, Thomas Zeller.
- Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Seaweed Symposium, edited by Robert Anderson, Juliet Brodie, Edvar Onsoyen, Alan Critchley.
- Winner: The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification, by Julian Montague, published by Harry N Abrams.
- Runner Up: Tattoed Mountain Women and Spoon Boxes of Daghestan: Magic Medicine Symbols in Silk, Stone, Wood and Flesh, by Robert Chenciner, Gabib Ismailov, Magomedkhan Magomedkhanov, Alex Binnie.
- Ancient Starch Research, by Robin Torrence and Huw J Barton.
- Bullying and Sexual Harassment: A Practical Handbook
- Circumcisions by Appointment; A View of Life in and Around Manchester in the Eighteenth Century, by Roy Westall
- Dining Posture in Ancient Rome, by Matthew Roller.
- How to Toilet Train Your Cat: The Education of Mango by Eric Brotman.
- Introduction to Adult Swallowing
- Knitting with Dog Hair: Better a Sweater From a Dog you Know and Love Than From a Sheep You’ll Never Meet, by Kendall Crolius.
- Living with Sheep: Everything You Need to Know to Raise Your Own Flock, by Geoff Hansen and Chuck Wooster.
- Nessus, Snort and Ethereal Powertools: Customizing Open Source Security Applications, by Neil Archibald, Gilbert Ramirez, Noam Rathaus, Josh Burke.
- Winner: People Who Don’t Know They’re Dead: How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders – and What to Do About It, by Gary Leon Hill, said to have sold 15,000 copies.
- Prophets Facing Backward: Postmodern Critiques of Science and Hindu Nationalism in Modern India, by Meera Nanda.
- Queen Victoria and Ping-pong: Diaries of a Girl a Century Ago, by Gwendolen Freeman.
- Rhino Horn Stockpile Management: Minimum Standards and Best Practices from East and Southern Africa, by Simon Milledge.
- Scouting for Boys
- Short Walks at Land’s End
- Soil Nailing: Best Practice Guidance, by C Dew, B Ozsoy, NJ Wharmby, J Judge, AD Barley, A Phear.
- Urogenital Manipulation
- What Bird Did That?: A Driver’s Guide to Some Common Birds of North America, by Burton Silver.
- The Aesthetics of the Japanese Lunchbox
- Application of High Tech Squids
- Winner: Bombproof Your Horse, by Rick Pelicano and Lauren Tjaden
- Detecting Foreign Bodies in Food
- Equids in Time and Space
- Sexual Health at your Fingertips
- Winner: The Big Book of Lesbian Horse Stories, by Alisa Surkis and Monica Nolan
- Design for Impact: 50 Years of Airline Safety Cards
- Hot Topics in Urology
- 227 Secrets Your Snake Wants You to Know, by Paulette Cooper.
- The Voodoo Revenge Book: An Anger Management Program You Can Really Stick With
- The Do-It-Yourself Lobotomy: Open Your Mind to Greater Creative Thinking
- First You Take a Leek
- Forensic Examination of Rubber Stamps
- Winner: Living with Crazy Buttocks, by Kaz Cooke.
- Melons for the Passionate Grower
- Passing Gas
- Postmortem Collectibles, by C L Miller.
- Red-Haired Irishwomen on the Bog
- Second-hand Parrots: A Complete Owner’s Manual
- Six-Legged Sex: The Erotic Lives of Bugs
- Wigglers, Undulators, and Their Applications
- Without Regret: A Handbook for Owners of Canine Amputees
- Women and Integrated Pest Management
- The Art and Craft of Pounding Flowers: No Paint, No Ink, Just a Hammer!
- Winner: Butterworths Corporate Manslaughter Service, by Gerard Forlin.
- Fancy Coffins to Make Yourself, by Dale Power.
- The Flat-Footed Flies of Europe
- Lightweight Sandwich Construction
- Tea Bag Folding
- Did Lewis Carroll Visit Llandudno
- Winner: High Performance Stiffened Structures
- Psoriasis at Your Fingertips, by Tim Mitchell, Rebecca Penzer, Gillian Clarke, Jane Taylor.
- The Sexual Male: Problems and Solutions
- Wood Carving with a Chainsaw
- Betel Chewing Equipment of East New Guinea
- Good Practice with Violence.
- Guide to Eskimo Rolling, by Derek Hutchinson
- Lakeside Car Parks
- Male Genitalia of Butterflies of the Balkan Peninsula, with a Checklist
- Procrastination and Task Avoidance: Theory, Research and Treatment
- Toothpick Culture and Ice Cream Stick Art
- Winner: Weeds in a Changing World
- Women and Wasteland Development
- Winner: Developments in Dairy Cow Breeding: New Opportunities to Widen the Use of Straw
- Musculoskeletal Disorders in Supermarket Cashiers;
- Winner: Greek Rural Postmen and their Cancellation Numbers (In 2008, this also won the prize as the oddest oddest title of the 30 years of competition)
- Winner: Reusing Old Graves: A Report on Popular British Attitudes,
- Earthworms of Ontario;
- Winner: Highlights in the History of Concrete
- Winner: American Bottom Archaeology
- Winner: How to Avoid Huge Ships
- What do Bunnies do all day?
- Winner: Versailles: The View From Sweden
- Winner: Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Personal View;
- Winner: The Book of Marmalade: Its Antecedents, Its History, and Its Role in the World Today
- Winner: The Theory of Lengthwise Rolling
- Winner: Population and Other Problems: Family Planning, Housing 1,000 million, Labour Employment
- What do Socks do?
- Winner: Last Chance at Love – Terminal Romances
- New Guinea Tapeworms and Jewish Grandmothers;
- Winner: The Joy of Chickens
- Winner: Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice
- 100 Years of British Retail Catering
- 50 New Poodle Grooming Styles
Contenders of Unknown Date
- Attractive and Affectionate Grave Design
- God’s Chewable Vitamin C for the Spirit
- Gymnastics for Horses
- Hair Loss for the Next Millennium
- A Method for Calculating the Size of Stone Needed for Closing End-Tipped Rubble Banks in Rivers
- Pedagogical Lexicography: A Case Study of Arab Nurses as Dictionary Users
- Postal Rates in Iceland 1870-1997
- Stick Making: A Complete Course
- A Theory of Shopping
- Amputation Stumps, Their Care and Aftertreatment, Godfrey Huggins, 1918.
- Build Your Own Hindenburg
- Constipation and Our Civilization, by JC Thomson, 1943.
- Daddy Was an Undertaker, McDill, McGowan, and Gassman, 1952.
- Explosive Spiders and How to Make Them
- Excrement in the Late Middle Ages: Sacred Filth and Chaucer’s Fecopoetics
- A Government Committee of Inquiry on the Light Metal Artificial Leg, by Henry Hulme and Chisholm Baird, 1923.
- Heave Ho, My Little Green Book of Seasickness, by Charles Mazel.
- Italian Without Words
- The Lull Before Dorking
- Monumental Beginnings: Archaelogy of the N4 Sligo Inner Relief Road
- More Balls Than Hands, by Michael J Gelb (about juggling)
- Old Age: Its Cause and Prevention
- On Sledge and Horseback to Outcast Siberian Lepers
- Optical Chick Sexing
- A Pictorial Book of Tongue Coating, 1981.
- The Punctured Thumb, or, Cactus and Other Succulents, by George Ashley.
- The Romance of Leprosy, by E Mackerchar, 1949.
- The Romance of Proctology
- Round Ireland with a Fridge, Tony Hawks
- So Your Wife Came Home Speaking in Tongues! So Did Mine!
- Waterproofing Your Child
- Who’s Who in Barbed Wire
- Why Bring That Up? – A Guide to Seasickness, by JF Montague, 1936.
- The 2007-2012 Outlook for Tufted Washable Scatter Rugs, Bathmats and Sets That Measure 6-Feet by 9-Feet or Smaller in India
In 2008, a book celebrating the prize winners and nominees was released:
How to Avoid Huge Ships: And Other Implausibly Titled Books,
Aurum Press, 2008,